Sunday, August 1, 2010

Be Good to Me Airplanes. Be Good to Me.

Almost 2:30am. My ride will be here in 4 hours.

I'm still awake...

...I'm not surprised.

I've been running laps around the lists in my head and the lists on my paper making sure everything is packed, cleaned, put away, taken care of, etc. As the saying goes, "makin' a list and checkin' it twice...," well I think I've checked mine about 30 times and I'm still counting!

Please dear universe please let the planes function properly. I really could do without any rough turbulence, switching of planes due to mechanical issues, and/or other terrible things that I dont even want to mention. Please please please universe, look out for me on this trip!

I'm eating crackers and milk because it's the only stuff I have here that needs to be eaten before I go so it doesnt go bad. I'm so hungry, yet I can barely get any of this food down. I'm anxious and nervous. I'm so exhausted from all the running around today, the laundry, the cleaning, the shopping, the packing, and just dealing with all of the range of emotions that have come over me, yet I'm not sure if I'll even be able to sleep. Yes, yes I will and I'll hate having to get up in just a few hours. I can already feel it.


This will likely be the last blog entry until I am in Korea. I am going to Korea! On the other side of all this technical stuff with getting ready to go and anxiety over flying (which I hate), there is still this life changing journey that I am hours away from. Still so strange, yet exhilarating!

Without anything profound to say from sheer exhaustion and from being in a state of seemingly more disbelief now that I'm about to leave compared to all the other times leading up to this day (I know it's weird), I will just say, so long USA. I'll talk at ya' again from Seoul!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful blog. I am excited to hear more about your exciting journey. I wish all the best for you!

    ReplyDelete