Monday, July 26, 2010

The Sign on My Door

This morning I let my artistic talents flow and drew a Korean Flag on the dry erase board on my office door. I felt compelled to keep a countdown to this trip. My first blog entry was when the trip was three and a half weeks away. As I sit here typing, my trip is 6 days away! For the most part, it still seems unreal, but as we are now well into the single digits, and as I was carefully crafting my Korean flag on my door, suddenly it started to sink in more that this is really going to happen and it's really going to happen to me! I find myself jutting, literally, back and forth in my core between excitement, nervousness, and some kind of complete emotional whoosh! It's the best way I can describe it - a whoosh that courses through my body and infiltrates even the tiniest of places. The feeling is amazing and I feel more and more that this trip is going to be a giant page turn in my book. In fact, it just might mark a significant end to one part of my life, and a brand new beginning to the next part. The best thing is, and it's odd to say this, that I have no idea what that next part will look like, but I am looking forward to figuring that out as I go. I cant remember another time in my life when I have been more at peace with letting go and letting whatever will be...be.

No comments:

Post a Comment